New article - Improving MSR playing

  • Andrew T. Lenz, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hello Everyone,

      One of my obligations to the piping community is as editor for the Western United States Pipe Band Association's newsletter, Words & Music. The last issue included an article by Lorne Cousin (judge, instructor, performer) on how to improve playing MSRs (March, Strathspey, Reel). Lorne gave me permission to include his article on my website.

      His article:
      http://www.bagpipejourney.com/articles/MSRs-playing-tips.shtml

      I'm working on a few of my own articles (I've always got something cooking), so hopefully I'll be announcing one of those in the near future. Between real work, kids, helping moderate the BobDunsire.com forums, webmastering WUSPBA.org, I really haven't had much time for my own projects.

      In case anyone is wondering, my own playing has been continuing to be severely limited due to ongoing wrist soreness. I'm losing hope that solely time will heal this issue and coming to the realization that I'm going to have to be more proactive seeking specific treatment in addition to the little medical help I've received so far. I did do some piping at a Burns Dinner a few months ago, which I really enjoyed.

      Best wishes everyone!
      Andrew

      --
      Andrew T. Lenz, Jr.
      www.BagpipeJourney.com - Reference for Bagpipers

      Please consider letting my sponsors know that you appreciate their supporting
      BagpipeJourney.com!
      http://www.ToneCzar.com - Christopher Hamilton
      http://www.Piping.on.ca - Jim McGillivray
      http://www.StJamesBagpipes.com - Sandy St. James