Lazy Web ...

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003

      I should read less and post more. I have a bunch of notes from the
      Emerging Technology Conference[2] last week but I don't get around to
      post them.

      Didn't know about LazyWeb[3] before. Here in their own words:

      Do you have an idea that you think others might be able to solve?
      Make a LazyWeb request by writing it on your own blog, and then
      sending a Trackback ping to the new url:
      http://blog.mediacooperative.com/mt-pi.cgi or by using this form.[4]

      At the LazyWeb Bird of the Feathers[5] we were all sitting in a big
      circle. Conducted by Ben Hammersley and Clay Shirky who were going
      around the room everyone had 60 seconds to explain an idea that one
      wants to have developed. Examples ranged from: "I use a spam filter,
      which works quite well but still some emails come through. Give me a
      little game like space invaders to shoot them down." to "I hate
      people taking pictures of me. I want an invisible screen that cameras
      can't get through."

      The nicest ones where ideas that are solved already. "I want Google
      like search for my desktop, files and email and stuff" Well there is
      Find, from www.find.com a tool that comes pretty close to that.

      A fast typer was able to write down all the ideas[6] and some
      apparently are getting developed[7].

      So if you have a neat idea post it on the LazyWeb[3] and may be
      someone has developed it already. I love lazy.

      All the best, Mark.
      P.S. I will be on the road this weekend, no posts from me.

      [1]Weblog with links: http://finnern.com/future/2003/05/01.html#a416
      [2]http://conferences.oreillynet.com/etcon/
      [3]http://www.lazyweb.org/
      [4]http://www.lazyweb.org/tb.cgi?__mode=send_form