Sustainable Economy ...

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2003

      We had a great Futurist Salon last Friday. Thanks again to Michael
      Korns who was drawing from his lifelong experiences with genetic and
      evolutionary programming. These were some fascinating two hours. It
      is no wonder, that we were running out of chairs at the end of the
      evening.

      Sustainable Economy is the theme of next months Futurist Salon. (Mark
      your calendar: May 16th.)

      We are fortunate to have Global Futures CEO Bill Shireman who will
      introduce his book: What We Learned in the Rainforest: Business
      Lessons from Nature[2]. Our Hillsdale Barnes and Noble will have the
      books available starting next Monday. If you are in the neighborhood
      then buy it there, after all they were so kind to give us a cake and
      free coffee at our one year anniversary last Friday.

      June outlook: Professor B.J.Fogg the head of the Stanford Persuasive
      Technology Lab has written a book: Persuasive Technology[3] and will
      introduce it at our Futurist Salon in June. I saw him at an BayCHI
      event and wrote about it here.

      It is a fascinating theme and I am glad that B.J.Fogg accepted my
      invitation. I am very much looking forward to this event.

      All the best, Mark.

      [1]Weblog post with links: http://finnern.com/future/2003/04/20.html
      [2]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
      userid=0BB2VY14VW&isbn=1576751279&itm=1
      [3]http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
      isbn=1558606432
    • Troy Gardner
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2003
        Being I can't get the longest distance trip to BayAreaFuturists award everytime
        (living in LA) I was wondering if anyone had taped Mike's talk?

        > We had a great Futurist Salon last Friday. Thanks again to Michael
        > Korns who was drawing from his lifelong experiences with genetic and
        > evolutionary programming. These were some fascinating two hours. It
        > is no wonder, that we were running out of chairs at the end of the
        > evening.

        =====
        Troy Gardner http://www.troyworks.com

        "How you live your seconds, is how you live your days, is how you live your life..."
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2003
          Sorry Troy,

          No one taped the talk. You have to read his book. Well, he has not
          written one as of yet, but may be if we ask him nicely he will put
          one together.

          All the best, Mark.

          --- In bafuture@yahoogroups.com, Troy Gardner <TheGreyman@y...> wrote:
          > Being I can't get the longest distance trip to BayAreaFuturists
          award everytime
          > (living in LA) I was wondering if anyone had taped Mike's talk?
          >

          > > We had a great Futurist Salon last Friday. Thanks again to
          Michael
          > > Korns who was drawing from his lifelong experiences with genetic
          and
          > > evolutionary programming. These were some fascinating two hours.
          It
          > > is no wonder, that we were running out of chairs at the end of
          the
          > > evening.
          >

          > =====
          > Troy Gardner http://www.troyworks.com
          >
          > "How you live your seconds, is how you live your days, is how you
          live your life..."
        • Mike Linksvayer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2003
            On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 12:56:37AM -0700, Troy Gardner wrote:
            > Being I can't get the longest distance trip to BayAreaFuturists award everytime
            > (living in LA) I was wondering if anyone had taped Mike's talk?

            Not that I know of, but you can download his CodeCon talk
            (deep-green.speex) from
            http://cubicmetercrystal.com/codecon-03-audio/

            --
            Mike Linksvayer