Change of plans for the next two Futurist Salons ...

  • markfinnern <markfinnern@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
      Happy new year to everyone.

      Great news: Howard Rheingold agreed to introduce his book Smart Mobs
      [2] next months at our Futurist Salon on the 21st of February. I just
      finished the book and like it very much. Lot's of interesting
      observations that I want to dig deeper into. With him joining our
      Salon we will have the chance to ask him directly. Don't forget to
      check the webpage/weblog[3] accompanying his book.

      For January therefore the theme will be the future of work. Robert B.
      Reich's book: The Future of Success[4] will be used as a bases for
      our discussion. A reviewer writes: "This is an excellent book if you
      are interested in understanding what the changes resultant from
      technological advances will mean to you in the future as a worker,
      spouse, parent or a member of this society. This is an extremely well
      written book. I recomend it to all. Robert Reich explains the reasons
      why many of the events that we are watching in today's society are
      taking place." With the unemployment rate being over 6% and rising I
      think it is good to take a closer look.

      See you all there on the 17th of January 7pm Barnes and Noble
      bookstore at the Hillsdale Shopping Center.

      All the best, Mark.
      [1]Direct link to this post
      http://finnern.com/future/2003/01/03.html
      [2]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
      userid=0BB2VY14VW&isbn=0738206083
      [3]http://www.smartmobs.com/
      [4]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
      userid=0BB2VY14VW&isbn=0375725121
    • c Wildin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
        on 1/3/03 9:36 PM, markfinnern <markfinnern@...> at
        markfinnern@... wrote:

        > Happy new year to everyone.
        >
        > Great news: Howard Rheingold agreed to introduce his book Smart Mobs
        > [2] next months at our Futurist Salon on the 21st of February. I just
        > finished the book and like it very much. Lot's of interesting
        > observations that I want to dig deeper into. With him joining our
        > Salon we will have the chance to ask him directly. Don't forget to
        > check the webpage/weblog[3] accompanying his book.
        >
        > For January therefore the theme will be the future of work. Robert B.
        > Reich's book: The Future of Success[4] will be used as a bases for
        > our discussion. A reviewer writes: "This is an excellent book if you
        > are interested in understanding what the changes resultant from
        > technological advances will mean to you in the future as a worker,
        > spouse, parent or a member of this society. This is an extremely well
        > written book. I recomend it to all. Robert Reich explains the reasons
        > why many of the events that we are watching in today's society are
        > taking place." With the unemployment rate being over 6% and rising I
        > think it is good to take a closer look.
        >
        > See you all there on the 17th of January 7pm Barnes and Noble
        > bookstore at the Hillsdale Shopping Center.
        >
        > All the best, Mark.
        > [1]Direct link to this post
        > http://finnern.com/future/2003/01/03.html
        > [2]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
        > userid=0BB2VY14VW&isbn=0738206083
        > [3]http://www.smartmobs.com/
        > [4]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
        > userid=0BB2VY14VW&isbn=0375725121

        Have a great meeting. . . I'm in Arizona for awhile.
        Ceis