Celebrate Future Day via the Open Mike Future Salon

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2012

      Blog post with links: http://goo.gl/yjfk0

      With all of our holidays we celebrate the past. Ben Goertzel had the brilliant idea to celebrate the Future by making the 1st of March Future Day.

      Future Day is designed to center the impossible in the public mind once a year as a temptation too delicious to resist.— Howard Bloom

      1st of Mark aka Future Day is coming up next Thursday. Luck will have it that I am in town. So let's celebrate Future Day with an Open Mike Future Salon.

      It has the following simple format:

      You have 5 minutes to introduce a theme that you feel passionate about and that you believe will shape our future.
      Right after there will be 5 minutes for a lively Q&A.
      If the engagement in the room is high we may extend the Q&A time by another 5 minutes.
      I love this format, as people come up with ideas that are sometimes not fully baked yet, no book has been published and the brain power in the room really helps to develop the idea further and sometimes that dialog results in the idea going into a totally different direction.

      I will talk about Maker Lab School / Tinker School as I call them right now, haven't found the right name yet for the idea to let our children solve real world problems in school.

      There will be a white board for you to put down your idea on Thursday evening. If you can fill out the following form with your idea already, it will help us with our planning. It guarantees you a spot in the lineup too.

      Hope you have time and join Aslan and me this Thursday 1st of March at SAP Labs in Palo Alto. There will be Coffee & Tea and Soft Drinks, we have not secured funding for catering yet, so we may not have the amazing finger food, beer and wine that we enjoyed all these years. The beauty is, that you can bring some if you like and it may lead us to wrap up earlier to continue the discussion at Pizza My Heart. Some say that is the best part of the Future Salon anyway.

      Spread the word. Join us Open Mike Future Salons 6:00pm to 8pm Future Day 1st of March. Afterwards the dialog will continue at Pizza My Heart on University Avenue in Palo Alto.

      SAP Labs North America, Building 1, Room: to be announced. There will be signs. SAP is located at 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304[map]. Free and open to the public.

      If you can't join in person, please join the webcast and online discussion at https://sap.na.pgiconnect.com/fs/ (We will relay your online questions to the speakers.)

      Really excited and looking forward to see all of you there, Mark.
    • Natasha Vita-More
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2012
        Here is a link to the website:
        http://humanityplus.org/news-events/humanity-events/ and