Bay Area Futurist Salons...

  • saint_sicarii
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2011
      The last time I spoke with Mark Finnert at the last Salon in... December??? (Nope, January... around the 20th) he mentioned that it would be the last one.... At SAP labs, organized by himself... Which is a pity.

      What I would like to know:

      Is anyone else going to pick up the baton and continue to organize these things?

      If I weren't both disabled and in school I would be all over the project. I would be willing to help organize, set up, look for a place to hold it, seek out sponsorship, look for speakers, etc... But, I can't put all of those together myself, so would not be a good candidate to actually "Run" the things.

      Matthew Bailey
    • Bill Daul
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2011
        Matthew,

        I too would like to be part of a planning group. Too bad we can't find another champion at SAP to get us the space.

        --bill

        On Mar 19, 2011, at 6:26 PM, saint_sicarii wrote:

        > The last time I spoke with Mark Finnert at the last Salon in... December??? (Nope, January... around the 20th) he mentioned that it would be the last one.... At SAP labs, organized by himself... Which is a pity.
        >
        > What I would like to know:
        >
        > Is anyone else going to pick up the baton and continue to organize these things?
        >
        > If I weren't both disabled and in school I would be all over the project. I would be willing to help organize, set up, look for a place to hold it, seek out sponsorship, look for speakers, etc... But, I can't put all of those together myself, so would not be a good candidate to actually "Run" the things.
        >
        > Matthew Bailey

        Bill Daul

        Chief Collaboration Officer
        NextNow Collaboratory: a synergistic web of relationships focused on transforming the present

        http://www.human-landscaping.com/nextnow
        http://www.nextnow.net -- NN Network Blog
        http://www.nextnow.org -- NN Collaboratory Blog

      • Dr. KRS Murthy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
          Dear Friends:

          Mark did a great and commendable job. I was lucky to lead and speak at the
          Future of Music Saloon

          Count me in. The following organizations I am leading / involved will be glad to
          support with volunteers:

          www.svec.org
          ANKUR - Entrepreneurial / Business Forum
          I Cubed - Corporate Advisory Company
          Dr. KRS Murthy - Please look at the links below to read about me
          CEO, I Cubed
          http://i3globaladvisors.com/index.php?mode=overview
          President, Silicon Valley Engineering Council (SVEC) www.svec.org
          CEO, SUNRGI - Power of 2000 Suns