What Technology Wants Future Salon with Kevin Kelly Jan 21st

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2010

      Let's start the new year with a bang. Kevin Kelly presenting his new book what Technology wants. More with links: http://futuresalon.org

      In April 2000 Wired Magazine published Bill Joy's article: Why the future doesn't need us, which lead me to found the Future Salon. This is why I am so excited that Kevin Kelly one of the founders of the magazine is going to join the conversation on Friday the 21st of January to talk about his latest book.

      WHAT TECHNOLOGY WANTS a provocative book in which Kevin Kelly presents a new vision of technology as a living, natural system with its own urges and desires. An innovative and optimistic guide to how technology can give our lives greater meaning, Kelly's book celebrates the immense power of technology as a positive force in the world. [more]

      About the author: Kevin Kelly is one of the true visionaries of our time. He was editor and publisher of Whole Earth Review, helped launch Wired magazine and was its editor for nearly six years, and has been involved in such cultural innovations as The Hacker's Conference, the early online community The Well, and the All Species Inventory. His last book, New Rules for the New Economy, sold over 100,000 copies in hardcover and paperback and hit the New York Times Business, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week bestseller lists. Kelly writes for publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Time, Harpers, Science, GQ, and Esquire, and he is currently editor and publisher of the popular Cool Tools, True Films, and Street Use websites.

      We are very proud that we can offer the great majority of our Future Salons for free to the public. We were able to get Kevin Kelly to present by promising to buy 25 of his books. We will order them and have them for sale at the Future Salon. If you are interested in the book, please wait with your purchase until the Future Salon. Your purchase supports us and enables us to continue to offer the Future Salons for free to everyone. Kevin will sign the books after his talk.

      Our speakers tell me often that the Future Salon crowd asks the most interesting questions. I am especially looking forward to the conversation with Kevin Kelly. Not to be missed.

      SAP Labs North America, Building 1, Room: Southern Cross or cafeteria. SAP is located at 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304[map]. Free and open to the public.

      If you can't join in person, please join the webcast and online discussion at https://sap.na.pgiconnect.com/fs/ (We will relay your online questions to the speaker.)

      See you all there and a happy new year, Mark.
    • Dr. KRS Murthy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2010
        Thanks
        Dr. KRS Murthy - Please look at the links below to read about me
        CEO, I Cubed
        http://i3globaladvisors.com/index.php?mode=overview
        President, Silicon Valley Engineering Council (SVEC) www.svec.org
        CEO, SUNRGI - Power of 2000 Suns
        www.sunrgi.com
        www.ryze.com/Genius
        http://www.disqus.com/drkrsmurthy/
        http://drkrsmurthy.blogspot.com/
        My English Blogs
        http://drkrsmurthy.blogspot.com/2010/03/word-creation-international.html
        (408)-464-3333
        Santa Clara, California, USA

[...]

        Future Salons have the following structure: 6-7pm is networking with light
        refreshments proudly sponsored by SAP; 7-9+pm presentation and conversation.
        Please RSVP http://bit.ly/fH7GWW