Future Salon: Our Financial System: Facing Hard Facts, Creating Positive Futures

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2010

      Blog post with links:
      http://www.futuresalon.org/2010/10/future-salon-our-financial-system-facing-hard-facts-creating-positive-futures.html

      Please RSVP http://bit.ly/bOFiX5 afor the Future Salon on Monday the 8th of November: Our Financial System: Facing Hard Facts, Creating Positive Futures presented by Catherine Austin Fitts from Solari.com.

      Abstract: The global financial system is being used to engineer a revolutionary centralization of governance on planet Earth. In the process, trillions of capital has been shifted out of Europe and North America, much of it by illegal means. Many of us do not share a vision of non-accountable, centralized currencies and debt systems. Let's reject the financial coup d'etat underway by taking steps to protect our families, businesses and communities and do so in a way that shifts our assets to a more productive, transparent, decentralized vision supportive of free people and healthy ecology.

      Catherine Austin Fitts offers Solari subscribers and customers a unique perspective on how to navigate the opportunities and risks in the global financial system and political economy. Her background includes:

      * Investment Advisor: Founder and managing member of Solari Investment Advisory Services, LLC.
      * Entrepreneur: President of The Hamilton Securities Group, investment bank and financial software developer.
      * Government Official: Assistant Secretary of Housing - Federal Housing Commissioner, Bush I.
      * Investment Banker: Managing Director and member of the board of Wall Street firm Dillon, Read & Co. Inc.

      One of the amazing facts about her is, that she is a regular on KPFA as well as on Alex Jones's radio show.

      More details to come soon.

      SAP Labs North America, Building 1, Room: Southern Cross. SAP is located at 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304[map]. Free and open to the public.

      Not to be missed. See you Monday in a week, Mark.
    • donna yobs
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2010
         http://wonderfest.org/schedule/

        Nov. 6, at Stanford’s Hewlett Teach Center

        1:00pm
        Does 10,000 Hours of Videogaming Have Side Effects?

        Jane McGonigal, Director of Game Research, Institute for the Future

        Philip Zimbardo, Emeritus Professor of Psychology, Stanford

        2:45pm
        Is Mathematics More Art than Science?

        Keith Devlin, H-STAR Institute Executive Director, Stanford

        Alejandro Garcia, Professor of Physics, San Jose State

        4:00-7:00pm
        AMATEUR SCIENCE FORUM — groups & individuals share their explorations

        4:30pm
        Science Laughs, with Norm Goldblatt

        5:00pm
        Neuromagic, with Luigi Anzivino

        5:30pm
        Bechtel WonderCup “Innovation Challenge” Championship

        8:00pm
        Presentation of the 2010 Carl Sagan Prize for Science Popularization

        to Donald Kennedy, Emeritus Professor of Environmental Science, Stanford

        Will Synthetic Biology Make Industrial Chemistry Obsolete?

        Paul Berg, Nobel Laureate & Emeritus Professor of Biochemistry, Stanford

        Richard Zare, Priestley Medalist & Chemistry Department Chair, Stanford

        Sunday, Nov. 7, at UC Berkeley’s Stanley Hall

        10:10am
        Emmy Noether: Mistress of Nature’s Laws, with Ransom Stephens

        10:30am
        Dare We Try to Engineer Earth’s Climate?

        Julio Friedmann, Carbon Management Program Leader, Lawrence Livermore National Lab

        Jane C.S. Long, Associate Director at Large, Lawrence Livermore National Lab

        12:00-4:00pm
        BAY AREA SCIENCE EXPO — art, books, crafts, & music for science lovers

        1:30pm
        How Did Evolution Shape Human Behavior?

        David DeGusta, Research Paleontologist, Paleoanthropology Institute

        Henry Gilbert, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, CSU East Bay

        3:00pm
        Science Laughs, with Brian Malow

        3:30pm
        This Week In Science – LIVE podcast, with Dr. Kiki & Justin

        4:15pm
        Do We Understand the Structure of the Universe?

        Lloyd Knox, Professor of Physics, UC Davis

        Chung-Pei Ma, Professor of Astronomy, UC Berkeley