The Neuroscience of Leadership with David Rock

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010

      Blog post:
      http://www.futuresalon.org/2010/09/the-neuroscience-of-leadership-with-d\
      avid-rock.html

      David Rock is an excellent speaker with great content as you can see
      from the Your Brain at Work <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJSXfXep4M>
      session he gave at Google a year ago. Future Saloner Harry Max saw him
      too and suggested that he would be great for the Future Salon. Now
      about a year later, I am happy that we can welcome David Rock to the
      Future Salon.

      The Neuroscience of Leadership Monday 20th of September
      Time: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
      5:30: Registration, Networking, Light Refreshments
      6:30: Presentation

      Where: SAP Labs 3410 Hillview Avenue Palo Alto, Building 1 Room
      Cafeteria.[map
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=3410+Hillview+Ave,+Palo+Alto,+C\
      A+94304&sll=37.573154,-122.338858&sspn=0.007347,0.014291&layer=&ie=UTF8&\
      om=1&ll=37.404528,-122.145138&spn=0.028977,0.058365&z=14&iwloc=addr> ]

      This is an event that the Future Salon is co-hosting with NCHRA
      <http://www.nchra.org/> , SVCF <http://www.siliconvalleycf.org/> and
      SBODN <http://www.sbodn.com/> . Please register and pay the $25 fee
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=U3\
      J5ZPG6X2MQS> . If you think that is a lot, just divide it by all the
      free Future Salons that you ever went to ;-) If it is still too tough,
      ping me and I will see what I can do. Love the fact, that we will have
      a more accurate RSVP count too. Please hurry, as we will sell out the
      seats that we have been allocated.

      [https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif%5d

      (The money is going to the Accelerating Studies foundation
      <http://www.accelerating.org/about.html> an educational 501(c)(3)
      nonprofit that is the umbrella organization for all the Future Salons).

      [David Rock]
      <http://sai.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d918d53ef0133f3850cf5970b-pi> Pilots
      and doctors are tested for competence, why not leaders too?
      While we have long had the academic study of leadership, this has not
      yet led to an ability to objectively measure or predict who could be a
      good leader. Instead we have a plethora of leadership theories such as
      the `great man' theory (leaders are born not made), `trait
      theory' (leaders have certain qualities) and `transformational
      leadership theory' (leaders are able to inspire followers).

      This is about to change. A new field, called "NeuroLeadership"
      allows us to objectively test who we put in charge as thoroughly as we
      test doctors and pilots. Meet the man who coined this term at this
      special presentation brought to you in partnership with SBODN, The
      Silicon Valley Coach Federation and the Future Salon.

      The ability to intentionally address the social brain in the service of
      optimal performance will be a distinguishing leadership capability in
      the years ahead. Discover strategies to more effectively engage your
      employees' best talents while supporting collaborative teams and
      creating an environment that fosters productive change.

      About the Speaker
      David Rock is the founder and CEO of Results Coaching Systems (RCS),
      which has operations in 15 countries across the globe. In his capacity
      as CEO, David works with Fortune 500 clients specializing in embedding
      internal coaching capacity within organizations to develop leaders,
      retain talent, improve performance, and change culture. David is the
      author of several books on coaching
      <http://www.amazon.com/David-Rock/e/B001IOH938> and his paper 'Managing
      with the Brain in Mind'
      <http://www.strategy-business.com/media/file/sb56_09306.pdf> was the
      most downloaded of 2009 at Strategy+Business.
      David co-founded the NeuroLeadership Institute
      <http://www.neuroleadership.org/> , a global initiative bringing
      neuroscientists and leadership experts together to build a new science
      for leadership development. In 2004, David founded the brain-based
      approach to coaching, which has gathered momentum as a theory base for
      coaching ever since. In collaboration with several leading
      neuroscientists, David is working to explain the neural basis of issues
      like self-awareness, reflection, insight and accountability.

      Sign up now and see you all there, Mark.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2010

        You want to be a leader? You may want to look into the neuroscience for leadership this Monday the 20th of September.

        David Rock who coined the term Neuroleadership. (I am still looking for the term that I could coin that will make me famous ;-)

        Well, David will be sharing latest insights and discoveries of the science of our brain and what it means for our leadership.

        You should come on Monday and get inspired. Only very few tickets left, the other groups have a waiting list already for the event.

        He gave a similar talk at Google: "Brain at Work" last year and you can check that out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJSXfXep4M

        This time he is going to focus on leadership.