Future Salon: Trimtabs for Systemic Change

  • Miguel F. Aznar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7 11:33 AM
      Trimtabs for systemic change Future Salon Wednesday May 26th Please RSVP
      <http://bit.ly/fstrimtab> http://bit.ly/fstrimtab

      Mark Finnern offered me, Miguel F. Aznar, a chance to host the Future Salon
      because I met someone (speaking at the May 1 BIL conference @ UCSC) whose
      ideas call for a Future Salon. Join us Wednesday, May 26, to listen and
      share. Dino Karabeg, professor of informatics at University of Oslo,
      describes his presentation this way:

      "When we shift focus from symptoms of systemic dysfunction to systemic
      change, an uncommonly rich and inspiring action space becomes available.
      'Trimtabs for systemic change' are acts that are small enough to be
      feasible, which can add up to make our civilization change course and guide
      us along a new and different direction of progress.

      "In this talk I will present eight prototype trimtabs in key ares including
      corporate business, informing, scientific research, education and design.
      Those examples have been developed at the University of Oslo with external
      collaborators during the past fifteen years and implemented in practice in
      varying degrees. Part of the presentation will focus on a strategy for
      worldview and value change. This twenty five-minute lecture will set a stage
      for further development of these ideas through dialogue."

      We catch him the evening before he returns to Oslo, so don't miss this
      salon.

      Dino Karabeg <http://folk.uio.no/dino/> has been at the University of Oslo
      since 1992, where he is a professor in the Institute of Informatics. See
      more information: Invitation
      <http://knowledgefederation.project.ifi.uio.no/KF2010_CallforAbstracts.pdf>
      to Self-Organizing Collective Mind workshop, Knowledge
      <http://heim.ifi.uio.no/%7Edino/ID/Misc/ElevatorPitches.pdf> Federation
      Elevator Pitches, blog Holoscope
      <http://polyscopy.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/holoscope-for-the-buckminster-ful
      ler-challenge/> for the Buckminster Fuller Challenge, blog Trimtabs
      <http://polyscopy.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/trimtabs-for-systemic-change/>
      for systemic change, and introduction
      <http://folk.uio.no/dino/IDBook/Introduction.pdf> to book manuscript.

      Future Salons have the following structure: 6-7pm is networking with light
      refreshments proudly sponsored by SAP; 7-9+pm is the presentation followed
      by questions and discussion. Please RSVP <http://bit.ly/fstrimtab>
      http://bit.ly/fstrimtab

      SAP Labs North America, Building D, COIL (Co-Innovation Lab). SAP is located
      at 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304[map
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=3410+Hillview+Ave,+Palo+Alto,+CA+94
      304&sll=37.573154,-122.338858&sspn=0.007347,0.014291&layer=&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=
      37.404528,-122.145138&spn=0.028977,0.058365&z=14&iwloc=addr> ]. Free and
      open to the public. Please spread the word and invite others, but be sure to
      RSVP so we know how many people to expect.

      Miguel

      Miguel F. Aznar

      Executive Director

      KnowledgeContext

      www.KnowledgeContext.org <http://www.knowledgecontext.org/>

      (831) 440-8558

      Blog: http://knowledgecontext.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 5 , May 11 10:30 AM

        Future Salon's tag line is: Creating a world that works for all.
        Looking at the current world turmoil (currently unfortunately: turmOIL)
        , we may get discouraged and think our action do not make a difference.

        This is why I am excited about this month's Future Salon. Dino
        Karabeg will introduce us to Trimtabs:

        > 'Trimtabs for systemic change' are acts that are small enough to be
        > feasible, which can add up to make our civilization change course and
        guide
        > us along a new and different direction of progress.

        Please join us Wednesday May 26th RSVP <http://bit.ly/fstrimtab>
        http://bit.ly/fstrimtab <http://bit.ly/fstrimtab>

        See you all there, Mark.