Correction: Joe Quirk reading Exhult is next Saturday 12th 7pm Berkeley

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2009

      Blog post with links: http://www.futuresalon.org/2009/12/future-salon-speaker-joe-quirk-reading-in-berkeley-.html

      I shouldn't do these posts late on a Friday night. I only did because I thought Joe Quirk's reading of his new book Exult would happen today.

      Turns out it is next Saturday the 12th of December. It gives you a whole week to adjust your schedule ;-)

      It also gave me the chance to change the word passed to paced, makes so much more sense now. Sorry Joe.

      Try to be there, Mark.
      -- Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/FutureSalon

      You may remember Joe Quirk presenting the very funny Sociobiology Future Salons.

      He is out with a super cool new book Exult, trying to answer the question: Is a life fully lived worth an early death? About a hang glider from Berkeley that is experiencing death and near death and everything in between ;-)

      Joe used to hang glide, which is one of the reason the book is thick with emotions like the exhilaration of flying and the fear of the crash.

      It is a fast paced page turner and keeps you mulling the essential question of how to live your life.

      Correction: Next Saturday December 12th you have the chance to hear him read from his book: EXULT.

      In his own words: At the new Books Inc. in Berkeley, I'm going to read two sections from my new novel, Exult. It's a philosophical action adventure, so I'll read a harrowing action scene, and the harrowing argument that results.

      I'm also going to talk about the promise and challenges of ebooks and
      print-on-demand publishing, and I'm going to break the authors'
      silence and address the deep problems with traditional publishing.

      Only Books Inc. would allow me-- no, encourage me-- to talk about
      this. Gotta tip the hat to Calvin Crosby, store manager.

      Saturday, December 12, 7 PM.
      1760 Fourth Street
      Berkeley, CA
      510.525.7777
      -- a stone's throw from the site of the former Cody's Books.

      Alameda Sun review of Exult:
      http://www.alamedasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5614&Itemid=14

      Here's a CBS interview with me about Exult:
      http://cbs5.com/video/?id=51930@...