Turning on Happiness Genes - Dawson Church PhD, TONIGHT 8 pm at FMBR

  • Chris Duffield
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009
      This should be really interesting. It's last minute, but feel free to
      forward to your Bay Area futurist, humanist, transhumanist,
      consciousness, etc. lists.

      http://www.fmbr.org/newsletter.php

      "What if we could deliberately engineer the genetics of happiness,
      spirituality and love? We’re actually at that point already. ....There
      are tools of consciousness that we can use to ... deliberately trigger
      the expression of these genes at will.... [Presentation of research
      results, and demonstration of techniques.] This lively and engaging
      presentation is guaranteed to leave the audience buzzing with a
      gene-induced natural “high”!"

      PLACE: Christ Episcopal Church
      1040 Border Road, Los Altos
      A $15 donation is asked of non-members, at the door.
      Students with ID, a $5 donation is asked.

      Whether spirituality and love are an illusion or not, and framed by
      religion or not, they are a real and positive part of the human
      experience, worth turning on as much as possible, for health -- and
      athletic performance. - Chris
      --
      Chris Duffield Ph.D.
      Science Technology & Biomedicine Consultant