Yuri's Night Tonight

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008

      Blog post with links:
      http://www.futuresalon.org/2008/04/yuris-night-ton.html

      One of the coolest events ever is/are happening tonight: Yuri's Night
      commemorating the 50th anniversary of maned flight in space.

      In some earlier time zones of the world parties are happening already.
      The Bay Area has an amazing line-up of speakers for their Yuri's
      Night: Jaron Lanier for example who once ramped up the McLuhan Ramp at
      the Future Salon (video of the event at the Internet Archive).

      He will talk about one of the most out there ideas I came accross in a
      long while: Let's rearrange the stars to let people know that there is
      intelligent life out here in this dot of the universe. He closes his
      article with: Crazier things have happened. I am scratching my head
      thinking about what that could have been?

      It is happening at Moffett Field a blimp hangar in Mountain View, that
      intrigued me for ages when driving by on 101. Today I will be able to
      see it from the insight. So cool.

      Hope to see you there, oh and it starts already at 2pm this afternoon,
      sorry for the late notice, Mark.