Body Worlds 2, The Tech, November 18th, noon

  • Kennita Watson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
      Let's go down to The Tech on Sunday November 18th!
      The current exhibition is Body Worlds 2 & The
      Three Pound Gem. Let's plan on meeting at 12 near
      the ticket kiosk; we'll go in with whoever's there
      at 12:15.

      "Gunther von Hagens' BODY WORLDS exhibitions are the original,
      precedent-setting public anatomical exhibitions of real human bodies,
      by physician, anatomist, and inventor of Plastination, Dr. Gunther
      von Hagens.

      "BODY WORLDS features more than 200 authentic human specimens
      preserved through Plastination, including whole bodies, individual
      organs, and transparent body slices. The exhibit offers visitors an
      in-depth view of the intricately designed human body, comparative
      anatomy showing wellness and disease, and the mysterious world of the
      brain.

      "Throughout our lives, from birth to adolescence and adulthood to old
      age, the brain chisels, refines, learns, reinvents, matures, and
      transforms itself. BODY WORLDS 2 & The Three Pound Gem includes a
      special debut feature on the brain inspired by the latest findings in
      neuroscience on brain development and function, brain disease and
      disorders, and brain performance and improvement."

      http://www.thetech.com/bodyworld/

      Tickets are $22. IMAX is $4 more; we'll play that
      by ear.

      Hope to see you there!

      Live long and prosper,
      Kennita
      --
      Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008 -- Save Our Constitution!
      Go to RonPaul2008.com, and search "Ron Paul" on YouTube
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2007
        Kennita... great idea. Charles Platt and I plan to attend.

        I encourage others:

        BayArea Futurist Meet-up @ Body Worlds ($22)
        Sun Nov 18 @ 12pm - www.thetech.com/bodyworld
        TheTech Museum of Innovation