$100 for 1hr talk about Science in SF

  • Elise Engelhardt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2007
      I received an interesting offer through a Meetup group I am on. I'm not
      interested, but I thought a few people here might be?

      ~Elise

      From: Simon Palczynski [mailto:simonp@...]

      I work for a San Francisco based brand consulting firm and we're doing
      some work on behalf of a client, who is a major player in the
      science/media space. I am looking to interview people who are engaged in
      the scientific community, interested in scientific media, and who we
      believe could have some valuable insights into the state of science as
      well as personal viewpoints towards the subject. As said I am working
      for TATTOO brand consulting and we try to get consumer insights on
      certain companies or brands. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the name
      of the company yet.

      We are searching for people who have a strong interest in scientific
      media of all kinds. So if you are interested in reading science
      magazines, visiting scientific websites, or watching science programs,
      you are definitely the right person. We are planning on doing individual
      1-hour long interviews, there will be an incentive of $100 for the time
      and effort.

      The interviews will be about an hour time commitment and will take place
      in San Francisco in the next couple weeks. It should be a fun project
      and everybody will be well compensated for his/her time and help. If
      you're interested I would love to speak with you to tell you a little
      more about the project, which is actually really exciting. You can
      also give me a call at 415-954-4858.

      Please let me know if you have more questions.
      I look forward to hearing from you again.

      Best,
      Simon

      Simon Palczynski

      TATTOO Brand Consulting
      <mailto:simonp@...> simonp@...
      work. 415.954.4858
      fax. 415.954.4866

    • Elise Engelhardt
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        I forwarded this offer previously and Simon told me he received so many
        people in other cities and I figured that some of you have friends in
        those cities who might want to participate in this survey for a major
        science/media cable television network and earn $100. ~Elise

        From: Simon Palczynski [mailto:simonp@...]

        There were really a lot of interesting people within the responses.
        Unfortunately we couldn't talk to everybody because we only had a
        limited number of people we can contact. Actually, I was just thinking
        if you can help me once again. We are also looking for people in the
        following cities: Boston, New York, Seattle, Washington/DC. Do you know
        anyone in those cities with the same kind of background? It is still
        the same offer as in SF previously.
        I work for a brand consulting firm and we're doing some work on behalf
        of a client, a major cable television network who is a player in the
        science/media space. I am looking to interview people who are engaged in
        the scientific community, interested in scientific media, and who we
        believe could have some valuable insights into the state of science as
        well as personal viewpoints towards the subject. As said I am working
        for TATTOO brand consulting and we try to get consumer insights on
        certain companies or brands. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the name
        of the company yet.

        We are searching for people who have a strong interest in science and
        scientific media of all kinds (magazines, websites, TV). So if you are
        interested in reading science magazines, visiting scientific websites,
        or watching science programs, you are definitely the right person. We
        are planning on doing individual 1-hour long interviews, there will be
        an incentive of $100 for the time and effort.

        The interviews will be about an hour time commitment. It should be a fun
        project and everybody will be well compensated for his/her time and
        help. If you're interested I would love to speak with you to tell you
        a little more about the project, which is actually really exciting.
        You can also give me a call at 415-954-4858.

        Please let me know if you have more questions.
        I look forward to hearing from you again.

        Best,
        Simon Palczynski

        TATTOO Brand Consulting
        <mailto:simonp@...> simonp@...
        work. 415.954.4858
        fax. 415.954.4866

      • Gary Chappell
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
          An ambitious project born at MIT's Media Lab, aimed towards providing
          $100 laptops to children in undeveloped countries. Based solely on
          open source software, the OLPC has already won design awards. An
          limited opportunity is coming up in November to buy two, one of which
          is donated, one of which is sent to you. And the donation is
          tax-deductible! References below.

          http://www.xogiving.org/
          http://www.laptop.org/
          http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/09/24/MNBUSCRTU.DTL&hw=laptops+for+kids&sn=001&sc=1000

          --gary

          "Any time you think the user is broken, and not your application,
          you're probably wrong. "