Re: [bafuture] Let's face it. That Conservative Abstinence Policy don't work!

  • Nathan Seven
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      I'm confused-

      What does a bunch of guys doing some hookers have to do with a
      conservative abstinence policy?

      Also- wtf is this list about anyway?
      I remember joining it for a reason, and I don't think it was to
      receive a stream of political crap.
      (please correct me if i'm wrong)

      --
      "Jupiter accepts your offer..."
      AIM:IMFDUP

    • Joschka Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        from the " Armagedin it?, Are ya gettin' it? *&^%
        it!" desk of joschka fischer:

        Short answer: The posting at the end of this page that
        wasn't released by bafuture ( probably cause it was
        too complicated for most to follow).

        Longer answer: Please read some background material
        before you jump to conclusions. I assume people do
        their homework when they see something they don't
        know..or a connection they don't understand.

        ...in your case...bad assumption!

        Related answer:
        I believe Bafutures is about future technology,
        paradigms and their implementation,and the
        consequences and realities of their introductions to
        society, the world and the environment.

        This includes things like wonderful tech toys that
        bespeak Brave new worlds in their promotion and then
        seeing what they really do and how they're implemented
        days, weeks, years later under the guiding &
        conficting hands of:

        Human nature
        Politics
        Prejudices
        Venture Cap, Tech Development and Deployment
        Avarice
        Captialism et other economic systems
        Lawyers and Law
        Environmental complexities
        short/longsightedness
        Finances and Economics

        Let's call it the Weltanshauungen Effect ( you'll have
        to look up that 1st word! Yes it's in the English
        dictionary, otherwise get a German one or look
        online.)

        In short, what happens when you throw a tech toy, or
        nuance ( I'll explain nuance as the psychological
        consequences of a new paradigm or its manifestion as
        technology) into society. How is society affected and
        not just the Latte crowd, nor just Americans....but

        Environment
        The Poor World-Wide
        Religious counter-offensives
        Zoology and Zoonotic events