Can there be more than one Joschka Fischer?

  • Elise
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2007
      Joschka, you're not Vice Chancellor of Germany????

      http://www.itsyourworld.org/program.php?page=1859
      Wednesday, Apr-04-2007
      The Honorable Joschka Fischer, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and
      Vice Chancellor of Germany

      Joschka Fischer, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Vice
      Chancellor of Germany

      Remarks by Joschka Fischer on U.S.–European relations and the future
      of the Middle East. Fischer served as Germany's Minister of Foreign
      Affairs and Vice Chancellor from 1998 to 2005. During his seven-year
      tenure as foreign minister and the leading figure of the German Green
      Party, Mr. Fischer was the most popular politician in Germany and was
      widely respected for leading the "Greens" to the center stage of
      German politics. Upon his appointment as Minister of the Environment
      and Energy in the State Parliament of Hessen in 1985, he was the first
      member of the Green Party to assume a government post. From 1987 to
      1991, Mr. Fischer served in various capacities in the Hessian State
      Assembly; from 1991 to 1994 as Hessian minister for the environment,
      energy, and federal affairs; and from 1994 to1998 as parliamentary
      spokesman for the Green Party in the German Bundestag, the national
      parliament.

      This fall, Mr. Fischer joined Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson
      School of Public and International Affairs as the Frederick H. Schultz
      Class of 1951 Professor of International Economic Policy.

      NOTE: Pre-payment is required. Cancellations must be made at least 48
      hours in advance of a program in order to receive a refund.

      Registration 5:45 PM, Program 6:30-7:30 PM,

      Council Members and Cosponsors - $10, Nonmembers - $20, Student
      nonmembers - $5

      Fairmont Hotel atop Nob Hill, Gold Room, 950 Mason Street, San Francisco

      Cosponsored by the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of
      Germany, San Francisco, The San Francisco Eric M. Warburg Chapter of
      the American Council on Germany and The Pacific Council on
      International Policy
    • Joschka Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2007
        Greetings:

        No... but I'm a great fan.

        It's my nom-de-plum( internet?)

        I'd love to get to Princeton to see 'em. (Sneakers or
        no sneakers!)

        A full explanation of me, the fischer name et al was
        enclosed in a rebuttal of an anti-global warming
        email.

        I'm here at UCSF attending classes part-time and
        working and the damned computer froze on me!

        Give it an hour or 3 ; I'll repost...if I can remember
        all that I've said.

        The German/Herman Hesse section you might find
        interesting.

        j.

        http://fr.answers.yahoo.com