Cybersalon in Berkeley Today with Steven and Steve

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2006

      Our sisters and brothers from the Cybersalon in Berkeley just informed
      me later today:

      Steven Levy will be reading from his new book, "The Perfect Thing: How
      the iPod Shuffles Commerce, Culture, and Coolness," this Sunday, Oct.
      29 from 5 to 7 p.m. (note daylight savings time change!)at the
      Hillside Club, 2286 Cedar St., in Berkeley.

      Bring your iPod and podcast the event, if you like, or podcast your
      talk with the author, which you will have the chance to do. We won't
      be selling iPods, but we are selling the author's book, so bring cash.

      It's $10 donation for the event, which includes the usual pizza and
      drinks

      I am a bit bummed that I can't make it, because not only Steven the
      author of the book will be there, but in addition one of my all time
      heroes the cool Steve from Apple: Steve Wozniak said he is coming this
      afternoon.

      So hurry over there and let us know how it was, Mark.

      P.S. Why is Steve so cool? Check out his talk on IT Conversations:
      http://www.itconversations.com/shows/detail214.html
    • D.J. Cline
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
        Mark,

        Thanks for the heads up on the Berkeley Cybersalon
        I wrote it about on my blog at:
        www.djcline.com

        Happy Halloween,
        DJ Cline