Lee Smolin: The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of Science, and What Comes Next

  • Kevin D. Keck
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2006
      Hello Bay Area Saloners. Just posted to the blog (go there for the
      hyperlinks):

      http://www.futuresalon.org/2006/09/lee_smolin_the_.html

      Hear Lee Smolin discuss his new book, "The Trouble with Physics", postulating
      that String Theory is a scientific dead-end, as recently written up in Wired
      ("Physics Wars"), and discussed on "Talk of the Nation". See also his article
      "Einstein's Legacy?--Where are the 'Einsteinians?'", which first appeared in
      Discover magazine two years ago.

      Wednesday, September 27, 2006
      7:30pm
      Kepler's
      1010 El Camino Real
      Menlo Park CA, 94025
      (650) 324-4321
      Free of charge

      I'll be hearing him speak Monday at the American Museum of Natural History. If
      I get a chance, I'll post an update with my impressions.