New evidence of animal consciousness.

  • Joschka Fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2006
      Dear bafuture,

      joschka fischer thought you might be interested in
      this article:

      Title: New evidence of animal consciousness
      Author(s): DonaldR. Griffin, GayleB. Speck
      Source: Animal Cognition
      ISSN: 1435-9448
      Issue: Volume 7, Issue Number 1 pages: 5 - 18

      Link to article:
      http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?ID=Y1DX5BGKXXXP8VQD

      This article is available to subscribers and also via
      pay per view at http://www.springerlink.com If you
      have any problems accessing this page please contact: support@....

    • Joschka Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hey!

        In order to "wake 'em up"....

        ya' gotta "Rile 'em up!"

        joscha fischer

        --- Jason McClain <jason@...> a écrit :

        > I am actually not interested in most of the subject
        > matter you post. But
        > then, you probably would not be able to recognize
        > that through your "damn
        > Americans" lens that skews your perceptions. But you
        > would not see that
        > either since your a damn myopic, ethnocentric
        > European.
        >
        > > You can lead a human to email, but only the
        > crows,
        > > apes and rats in the paper know what's going on,
        > eh?
        >
        > And I guess I can lead you to a question, but I can
        > expect you to avoid it
        > with insults.
        >
        > Given how unpleasant you are, I am not sure why I
        > even asked to confirm your
        > identity. You are certainly not someone I would want
        > to know better.

        > Jason D. McClain | Evolutionary Guide | I.D.E.A.
        > | 415/261.2867
        > http://evolutionaryawareness.com |
        > liberate@...
        >

        > > From: Joschka Fisher <grabarkowic@...>
        > > Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 01:55:57 +0200 (CEST)
        > > To: Jason McClain <jason@...>
        > > Subject: Re: [bafuture] New evidence of animal
        > consciousness.
        > >
        > > from the "damned them Americans, again" desk of
        > > joschka fischer.
        > >
        > > I post a damned good abstract paper on Animal
        > > Consciousness and some interesting methods of
        > > simulating this in laboratory and computer in this
        > > paper and all this guy wants to know is if I'm X
        > or Y?
        > >
        > > You can lead a human to email, but only the
        > crows,
        > > apes and rats in the paper know what's going on,
        > eh?
        > >

        > > --- Jason McClain <jason@...> a écrit :
        > >
        > >> Is this the Joschka Fisher that was instrumental
        > in
        > >> developing the Road Map
        > >> by the so-called Quartet for Israel and
        > Palestine?

        > >> Jason D. McClain | Evolutionary Guide? |
        > I.D.E.A.
        > >> http://evolutionaryawareness.com |
        > >> liberate@...

        > >> consciousness.

        > in

        > 18

        http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?ID=Y1DX5BGKXXXP8VQD

        > also
        > >> via
        > >> you
        > >> contact: support@....

        > >> Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
        > >> l'international.
        > >>>

        > >> to:

        alto+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&

        to+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.s

        lto+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.

        a&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.sig=z

        +ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.sig

        lto+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.

        > >> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bafuture> " on
        > >> to:

        === message truncated ===

      • Joschka Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
          from the "Reveille" desk of joschka fischer

          In order to "wake 'em up"....

          ya' gotta "Rile 'em up!"

          C'mon face it, kid.

          Getting intellectual and researched dialogue about
          scientific topics vs skepticism, speculation and out
          and out drivel on this list is hard to do.

          We've got the technology but no one out there seems
          interested in looking things up.

          Tech-apathy is like those people who buy the Ophra's
          or NYTimes booklist, but never read them or more than
          10 pages.

          Kind of like Eisenhower's criticism of the Kennedys.

          In paraphrase: He said he'd never seen two brothers so
          desperately hungry for the power...then once they got
          it were afraid to use it!

          Naw...from what I see at the Universities, the
          colleges, the Think tanks and the blogs and wikis...

          Data gathering is a fine art...but few are interested
          in pursuing it in their daly lives.

          Thinking...is even rarer a talent!

          Singularities? Naw...just monolithic minds?
          sheep...
          chattle.

          Read Eric Fromm's Escape from Freedom...the internet
          is characteristic of that.

          Angels from Montgomery
          Lyrics/Music written by John Prine

          I am an old woman
          Named after my mother,
          My old man is another
          Child that's grown old
          If dreams were lightning
          And thunder were desire
          This old house would have burnt down
          A long time ago

          Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery,
          Make me a poster of an old rodeo
          Just give me one thing that I can hold on to,
          To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go

          When I was a young girl
          I had me a cowboy
          He weren't much to look at,
          Just a free ramblin' man.
          But that was a long time
          And no matter how I try,
          The years just flow by
          like a broken down dam.

          Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery,
          Make me a poster of an old rodeo
          Just give me one thing that I can hold on to,
          To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go

          There's flies in the kitchen
          I can hear 'em in there buzzin'
          And I ain't done nothin'
          Since I woke up today.
          How the hell can a person
          Go to work in the mornin'
          Come home in the evenin'
          And have nothin' to say?

          --- Jason McClain <jason@...> a écrit :

> [...]
          > in

          > 18

          http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?ID=Y1DX5BGKXXXP8VQD

          > also
          > >> via
          > >> you
          > >> contact: support@....

          > >> Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
          > >> l'international.
          > >>>

          > >> to:

          alto+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&

          to+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.s

          lto+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.

          a&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.sig=z

          +ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.sig

          lto+ca&w3=North+america&w4=Al+qaeda&w5=Technology&w6=Power+station&c=6&s=106&.

          === message truncated ===

          Terms of Service.

          Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger. Appelez le monde entier à partir de 0,012 €/minute !