Future of success ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      My second book/theme suggestion for our December Futurist Salon.

      Bob Adler was asking in our last meeting, whether we are experiencing
      the move of coding jobs to India or other countries too. The Future
      of Success [1] from Robert B. Reich is about the future of work. As a
      reviewer writes: "This is an excellent book if you are interested in
      understanding what the changes resultant from technological advances
      will mean to you in the future as a worker, spouse, parent or a
      member of this society. This is an extremely well written book. I
      recomend it to all. Robert Reich explains the reasons why many of the
      events that we are watching in today's society are taking place."

      You can also find more interesting books at the bottom of the reading
      group section of John Smart's Singularity Watch website.[2]
      Check it out.
      [1] http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
      userid=0BB2VY14VW&isbn=0375725121
      [2] http://singularity.xlogs.net/reading_group.html