Energy Equity at Santa Cruz Future Salon February 26

  • Miguel F. Aznar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2006
      The next Santa Cruz Future Salon will be 2006 February 26, Sunday 5:00 pm @ ISB 231, UCSC campus:

      Energy Equity

      Robert D. Cormia
      Foothill College
      rdcormia@...

      250 years into the Industrial Age, humans still have a hunter-gatherer approach to managing energy - we are yet to develop an
      agrarian approach to harvesting energy. This presentation will outline ten key challenges to creating an energy infrastructure that
      builds equity, and slows the growth of greenhouse emissions. Zero emission technologies including solar and wind create jobs, drive
      new technology, and will help to build a new 'electron economy'. The United States can and should be a world leader in transforming
      our energy economy into the digital age, just as the Internet revolutionized e-business.

      Miguel

      Miguel F. Aznar
      Executive Director / KnowledgeContext
      (831) 465-6513
      Website: knowledgecontext.org
      Newsletter: yahoo.com/group/knowledgecontext/
      Blog: knowledgecontext.blogspot.com/