Lunar Gene Bank in the event of total planet failure?

  • Joschka Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2005
      from the "future file" of joschka fischer.

      Eh...why bother...let the cockroaches have the planet!

      STORY:

      Could a Lunar Gene Bank Save Our Species?
      Some Argue It's Time to Start Preparing for the Worst

      Some say the moon could offer a lifeboat for the
      genetic material of Earthlings. (AP Graphics)
      By AMANDA ONION

      March 10, 2005 — Imagine if an asteroid plunged
      into Earth, killing all life in a giant fireball, or
      hostile aliens from a far-away planet launched an
      invasion and wiped out all life on our planet? Or what
      if a mutant, deadly plague spread from person to
      person and animal to animal and caused a vast
      extinction?

      OK, none of these things is terribly likely to happen.
      But — what if?

      http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=564616&page=1