*Please* cut and paste!

  • Kennita Watson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      To all and sundry (ykwya):

      Please, when you respond to a message, cut and paste
      the relevant text rather than just hitting Reply.
      Those of us who read the list in digest mode end up
      getting a digest that includes an entire previous
      digest, and having to scroll through two or three or
      seven messages that we've read already -- twice or
      more times if more than one person does it. It
      makes for very large digests and a lot of wasted time.

      I don't know about your mailer, but in mine (Mac OS X
      Mail) if I select a block of text in a message and hit
      Reply, I get a reply message whose text is what I
      selected, at one quote level. (Another annoyance
      about the full-digest includes I'm getting is that
      they have no quote level at all, which makes them
      very difficult to distinguish from the new text.

      Please help out slow readers like me, and use
      cut-and-paste and quote levels ("Paste as
      quotation" works, too).

      Thanks much,
      Kennita
      --
      Relativity: A grook with no reference whatever to the two-party system

      To wear a shirt that's relatively clean,
      You needn't ever launder off the dirt
      If you possess two shirts to choose between
      and always change into the cleaner shirt.
      -- Piet Hein