the future of culture

  • k48vjr8
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
      OK, I'm interested in future technology as the next guy, but I'm
      equally interested in future lifestyles, subcultures, and in social
      innovation in general. Of course, technology and culture are
      interdependent, but I'm looking for resources with more of a focus on
      cutting edge cultural and social innovation.

      I would greatly appreciate any recommendations. Thank you, Neal
    • Chris Phoenix
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
        There's a project/discussion starting up at Wise-Nano about nano future
        societies. It's more a request for info than a conclusion at this
        point, but I did add an argument: that there's no way to predict what
        really advanced culture will be like, since the human component will be
        a side effect of whatever-it-is. If you find that too pessimistic,
        please add counterarguments!

        http://wise-nano.org/w/Preps_for_new_soc._analysis_article

        Chris

        --
        Chris Phoenix cphoenix@...
        Director of Research
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          Hi Neal,

          The finger on the puls of cutting edge cultural and social innovation
          has Boing Boing. http://boingboing.net/

          Future Salon presenter Howard Reingold's site Smartmobs
          http://smartmobs.com is also covering the consequences (many
          unintended) of new technology on society.

          These are two that pop to my mind.

          Best, Mark.