BBC's if.... series

  • Alan Patrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      I don't now if anyone else is seeing these, they're set in 2020, they're 1
      hour episodes investigating some existing trends. Last night was the trend
      of women in the workplace + ability to self-fertilise increasingly
      marginalising men, so that by 2020 there has to be +ve discrimination for
      men in teh workplace. So far we've also had:

      - impact of the reliance on Russian Gas for UK electricity (and then it gets
      taken away)
      - disparity in incomes leading to gated communities and an us v them
      struggle
      - the impact of loads of baby-boomers hitting 65 with a dearth of people to
      pay for them (they play, we pay)

      I've found it very interesting to see these enacted as vignettes rather than
      read about them, makes it very real.

      Rgds

      Alan