..especially when they pass a Medicaid bill and folks..........

  • SHARON BARRINGTON
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2003
      This has been an interesting thread.............

      I have thought long and hard about why people in our country
      are basically ignoring all the issues that are happening within our
      Government.......

      Like:
      Patriot Act II ......
      Protesting/free speech is unpatriotic - but carrying a gun and flag....your
      a true "merican"
      Right is wrong and wrong is left......

      I just feel like somewhere along the way we slipped through Alices Looking
      Glass ....but didn't get notified.

      My theory is that people are now confused at to what to do, who to talk to,
      what action they can take that will really make a difference and so they
      just shut it all off
      and numb out. Its all they can do to survive and make a paycheck.

      What does get through is Kobey Bryant and Scott Peterson........because
      these guys
      (supposedly) did something that was bad - we get to make
      a judgement call - and feel like we participated in something that is real.

      Of course in my mind is all the media hoopla is warped.

      I think that in order to operate in todays world you have to be a person who
      thinks for
      yourself, does your own research - as you mentioned - will actually go to
      courses, go to the
      search engines or get a book and find out for yourself what is "real / true"
      at least to you
      and be satisfied.

      What % of the population will go to that kind of trouble to figure out the
      truth?

      I have been a Dean supporter for awhile now and I am so discusted by the
      media, talk shows
      new papers, magazines and even the Democrat party (which is no better than
      the other party)
      who doesn't want Dean because he won't toe the "party" Demo line.

      So here is this guy that not only has to fight the "bush machine" and "media
      machine"
      but his own party "machine." I have meet him twice and I think he is a
      decent man.

      My point is - in this day and age it takes more energy, thinking, personal
      strengh an character
      to be effective in this society and to be able to "see and understand" new
      concepts - let alone
      embrace them.

      my $.02 cents

      Sharon

      PS: Having worked for Steve Jobs at Apple Computer - I think its a hoot that
      he might
      take over the "Mouse Kingdom." Why not - the guy is total theatre and loves
      quality.
      Wonder what channel 7 would be like with him at the helm? And for those of
      us that
      never liked John Scully - I say "YOU GO STEVE!"