SD Forum Emerging Technology SIG Tonight ...

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2003
      He Everyone,

      Almost forgot to tell you about tonights meeting of the Emerging
      Technology SIG. A Futurist Salon regular: Bill Grosso is hosting and
      the Speaker is Florian Pestoni, Software Engineer from IBM Almaden.
      He will talk about Digital Rights Management.

      Presentation Overview

      With the advent of consumer grade digital technology, content such as
      music and movies is no longer bound to the physical media that
      carries it. This presents new challenges to content owners, who want
      to protect their intellectual property while at the same time
      extracting economic benefit from it. On the other hand, consumers
      want ease of use and convenience.

      In this talk, I will describe some of the existing and proposed
      solutions, which represent different trade-offs between the needs of
      the parties involved. While technology such as cryptography plays an
      important role in this space, a complete solution usually relies on
      legal and policy aspects; I will touch upon some of these issues to
      give you a complete picture of this very complex space.

      More information here:
      http://www.sdforum.org/SDForum/Templates/CalendarEvent.aspx?
      CID=1232&mo=11&yr=2003
      http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3959

      Hope you can make it, Mark.
    • Troy Gardner
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2003
        I was really hoping to get up to the bay area and see the Ross and Mark on
        their topics, but sadly I have a flight to Colorado for Thanksgiving the same
        day, and logistics won't permit me to leave later or from the Bay area.

        Since I don't have a head I can mail/rent out and stream to me while I'm in the
        air(e.g. http://www.troygardner.com/randomthoughts/secondsense.htm) I was
        hoping someone could be more simple and audio/video tape it. I'd be happy to
        pay for the tape or a copy of it.

        Anybody willing to help a po' techie out?

        =====
        Troy Gardner -"How you live your seconds, is how you live your days, is how you live your life..."

        http://www.troygardner.com -my world, philosophy, music, writings.
        http://www.troyworks.com -consulting & training in Flash, Java, and C#
        http://www.intrio.com -helping bridge the gap between the humans and machines. Home of the Flickey´┐Ż