Re: [bafuture] Cybersalon: Digital Democracy in 2004?

  • Chris Duffield
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2003
      Yes, electronic voting machine tampering could be the most sinister and
      dangerous force in politics today.
      It's a way to control politics with very little resources, completely hidden
      from view. And guess who owns the companies that make this possible?
      Go to http://blackboxvoting.com (currently up) or http://blackboxvoting.org or
      whatever site they bounce you to, currently
      http://www.talion.com/blackboxvoting.org.htm. Download and read the free
      ebook. They are under severe attack by forces who do not want this information
      to get out.
      Another site to visit, with a resolution to sign and a congressional act to
      support, is http://verifiedvoting.org founded by Stanford computer sci prof
      David Dill. He gave a talk about this on Oct 8, which you can watch streaming
      on the web for free at http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/ (scroll down and
      click on the camera icon). By the way, it's a great seminar to attend, even if
      you're coming from off campus, and everyone is welcome. We've got to wake
      people up to this imminent threat.
      -- Chris D.
      Chris Duffield
      Stanford University Medical Center