4113Alcor Northern-California Cryofeast is December 11
- Nov 21, 2011Greetings Cryonauts and Interested!
Please join us for December's CryoFeast at Halcyon Molecular, Dec.
11 at 1pm. I'll order some pizzas, and we have plenty of drinks,
and fruit, but feel free to bring other dishes if you like. Here's
1 PM event starts, feasting begins
1:30 PM tour of Halcyon's labs
2:00 PM talks start & feasting continues
Followed by informal discussion
6:00 PM event ends
Halcyon Molecular is at:
505 Penobscot Dr
Redwood City, CA 94063
Halcyon's mission is to solve death. Currently we're pursuing
cheap, accurate DNA sequencing as a powerful means of understanding
biology, curing disease and extending health. Our approach to
sequencing involves high speed electron microscopy, synthetic chemistry,
and nanomanipulation (not quite Merklean tool-tips).
Have an idea for making cryo work? Please present 5-7 minutes on some
cryo topic! Some subject you're interested in, or a series of
questions even. We have a projector and computer so you could bring a
powerpoint, or access a google presentation and we could load it up.
This is a really small amount of time, even shorter than TED talks, so
you really only have time to discuss a small subject, this should keep
it brief but interesting. Here are a few ideas:
1. The search for a magical vitrification solute
2. Summary of an excellent paper in cryonics
2. Cryonics by the numbers: how many cryonicists are there?
3. Cryonics as the easiest AND most under-funded of the Possible
Ways of Not Dying (uploading, bio-cures, AI being the other biggest 3)
4. Summary of `the rabbit kidney' results. One kidney?
5. How bad is warm ischemia really?
6. Idea of how to make reversible cryonics work
I was planning on giving a short 5 minute talk on the last one, but
others could feel free to grab that, too, we probably won't overlap
Contact me if you'd like to do a brief talk, or you can show up with
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]