Re: [bacnet-mstpwg] MSTP protocol definition documents?

  • Steve Karg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2008
      Hi Jim,

      > I would like to construct a device to passively listen to a live MSTP network in order to keep long term logs of point values for analysis as well as presentation in a way that our Tridium box does not offer.

      That sounds like an interesting project.

      > Which documents would I need to purchase in order to get enough of the protocol definition to do this? I'm used to the open-source world where such things are free for the asking, so if I have to pay hundreds of dollars for bacnet documentation I want to be sure I get only the ones I need.

      The ANSI/ASHRAE135-2004 (soon to be ANSI/ASHRAE 135-2008) is the
      standard that includes Clause 9, DATA LINK/PHYSICAL LAYERS: MS/TP LAN.
      The details about ordering a copy of the standard are here:
      http://www.bacnet.org/Ordering/index.html

      Best Regards,

      Steve
      --