Re: Possible Typo's: [bacnet-mstpwg] New version of Add-135-2101an-PPR1-draft posted

  • Kerry Lynn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2013
      On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM, <Clifford.H.Copass@...> wrote:

      One of our sharp-eyed people has noticed what appears to be some typo's in this (and earlier) drafts.

      The Section is
      "G.3.1  Sample Implementation of the Extended Data CRC in C"
      in the
      "As an example of usage, consider a data sequence X’01’, X’22’, X’30"
      at the bottom of page 26 and top of page 27

      CRC4 sometimes appears as X’7F (3 places) and sometimes as X’7C (2 places).  We believe the X’7C value is the correct one.

      Examples of X’7C use:
      "(one's complement is X’7C22A5BE’)"
      "The ones complement of this is X’7C22A5BE’, which is appended..."

      Examples of X’7F use:
      "CRC4 (most significant octet)        X’7F’        X’0843323B’"
      "...which is appended to the frame least significant octet first as X’BE’, X’A5’, X’22’, X’7F’."
      "The receiver would calculate the extended data CRC on the seven octets X’01’, X’22’, X’30’, X’BE’, X’A5’, X’22’, and X’7F’ to be..."

      We believe the three examples of X’7F use should be changed to X’7C

      Indeed, you are correct.  I have fixed these plus one other typo that Carl spotted.

      Thanks, -K-

      Cliff Copass
      Johnson Controls, Inc.

      From:        "kerlyn2001" <kerlyn2001@...>
      To:        bacnet-mstpwg@yahoogroups.com
      Date:        06/12/2012 12:08 AM
      Subject:        [bacnet-mstpwg] New version of Add-135-2101an-PPR1-draft posted
      Sent by:        bacnet-mstpwg@yahoogroups.com

      Greetings,

      I believe I have incorporated all of the comments from the SF meeting into this
      version of the draft.  I'd appreciate it if folks would take one more read through
      the content to see if it is ready for public review (as I believe it is).  I'll check with
      David Fisher to see if it makes sense to review this by phone early next week in
      advance of the meeting.

      You can access this file at the URL:
      docx

      Also, the parallel proposal for formatting of IPv6 frames over MS/TP is available at:
      http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-6lobac

      Looking forward to your comments.

      Regards, -K-

      <*> Your email settings: