Clarification on IETF number being added without public review.

  • cliffcopass
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2012
      During the phone conference today, I made a comment about section
      9.3.11 Frame Type 10: IPv6
      Consider starting with
      "The format of the data portion of this frame is defined by IETF standard [T.B.D.]."
      When the number becomes known, it could then be specified by either a clarification request (does "[T.B.D.]" mean ...) or maybe even by an errata ("[T.B.D.]" is replaced by ...).

      The idea is to make the information publicly available sooner after it is available by having the syntax to drop it into and avoid a public review cycle. Since errata are done by the committee chair, that would be the quick and easy solution.

      Cliff Copass