Re: [bacnet-mstpwg] MSTP auto baud

  • Clifford.H.Copass@jci.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2011

      I believe that auto baud rate on MS/TP (or IP) is considered to be a local matter, much like off-line detection.  Tests need to allow for it since it is commonly implemented, but specifying how it works is a local matter.

      Cliff Copass
      Johnson Controls, Inc.

      From:"girig123" <giri.guntipalli@...>
      To:bacnet-mstpwg@yahoogroups.com
      Date:12/14/2011 09:29 PM
      Subject:[bacnet-mstpwg] MSTP auto baud

      hi from the BTL test casses i found that test casses accomodate devices that can do auto baud rate, but BAcnet 135-2010 standard doesn't mention any details about auto baud rate. is there some work in progress to update standard about the details on auto baud or is it expected that vendor can use their own vendor specific method for auto baud?

      Giri.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: