More examples of Atom in our space.

  • Dave Robin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18 12:42 PM
      Dear XML and IT folks,

      As part of my smart grid activities, I wrote a document that begins to describe a REST/Atom mapping for one of the smart grid protocols. Since we have been talking about Atom, and some of you may be wondering (as I have) if it's really a good for for BACnet, I thought I'd pass this along to you so you could see more examples of Atom Publishing Protocol, beyond what I've included in DR-035.

      This document makes no mention of the BACnet/OData/Gdata extensions. It's just straight Atom. But, if Atom ends up being used for OASIS's Energy Interoperation and NAESB's Energy Service Provider's Interface (they are leaning towards Atom as well), and BACnet/WS uses it too, then... those smart grid protocols *are* BACnet/WS (a proper subset of it, anyway). Which ultimately just means less code to write and maintain for us BACnet folks.

      That was my thinking anyway. But please tell me if this is not the right path to head down.

      Dave