Update DR-035-12 New BACnet Web Services

  • Dave Robin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010
      XMLers,

      I have added some more stuff for thought based on some folks asking "What would the new services look like if the BACnet/WS server were also a full BACnet device?"  And "How would all our existing services be done in REST?"

      I'm copying the IT working group because some of their discussions were the source of some of these questions.

      Note that these questions are different from straight up one-to-one "XML encoded versions of ASN encoded services".   It is more, "how would we do the same functions, but in a RESTful way?"

      To that end, I have taken the examples from Annex E and recast them into RESTful, resource oriented, Web services that were mostly already in the document, with a few generally useful additions prompted by things like File access services.

      It's just an experiment.  We don't have to go down this road, but it was an interesting idea to ask "can the BACnet/WS server also be a BACnet device?"

      Dave

    • Dave Robin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010
        Trying again.  The file got corrupted when I got it back from yahoo, so I zipped it this time.  Rename .zi to .zip.

        Dave

        On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:01 AM, Dave Robin wrote:

[...]

        <DR-035-12 New BACnet-WS Services.doc>
      • Charles Frankston
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2010