sleepy device support in BACnet

  • Old, Bob
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2010

      Please find attached my rationale for the necessity to support sleepy devices in BACnet.  Currently, the devices I know of use gateway functionality.  Therefore, also find attached the most recent version of CN-088-2 – Gateway Best Practices from the ftp site in folder 2009-11 Atlanta\Working Groups\TI-WG

      Best,

      B.O.  January 12, 2010

      Robert Old

      Siemens Industry, Inc.

      Building Technologies

      1000 Deerfield Pkwy.

      Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-4513

      Tel.: +1 (847) 941-5623

      Skype: bobold2

      bob.old@...

      www.siemens.com

    • jerald.p.martocci@jci.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010

        Hi Bob,

        I am trying to finalize the Orlando agenda for the WN-WG.  Will you be at the meeting?  Would you like to dedicate some time to discuss BACnet Sleepy Devices?

        We only have a 1 hour meeting.  Right now I am planning to dedicate the hour toward discussing a BACnet/EnOcean integration proposal.  However, if you want a few minutes to chat about sleepy devices in BACnet, I can add that to the agenda.

        Let me know.

        Jerry

        "Old, Bob" <bob.old@...>
        Sent by: bacnet-it-wg@yahoogroups.com

        01/12/2010 04:14 PM

        Please respond to
        bacnet-it-wg@yahoogroups.com

        <bacnet-it-wg@yahoogroups.com>
        cc
        "Isler, Bernhard" <bernhard.isler@...>, "Doerr, Bill" <bill.doerr@...>
        Subject
        [bacnet-it-wg] sleepy device support in BACnet

        Please find attached my rationale for the necessity to support sleepy devices in BACnet.  Currently, the devices I know of use gateway functionality.  Therefore, also find attached the most recent version of CN-088-2 – Gateway Best Practices from the ftp site in folder 2009-11 Atlanta\Working Groups\TI-WG

        Best,

        B.O.  January 12, 2010

        Robert Old

        Siemens Industry, Inc.

        Building Technologies

        1000 Deerfield Pkwy.

        Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-4513

        Tel.: +1 (847) 941-5623

        Skype: bobold2

        bob.old@...

        www.siemens.com

        [attachment "BO-001-1 Sleepy Device Support.doc" deleted by Jerald P Martocci/CORP/Johnson_Controls] [attachment "cn-088-2 - Gateway Best Practices.doc" deleted by Jerald P Martocci/CORP/Johnson_Controls]