Update of BI-040

  • Isler, Bernhard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2013

      Hi all,

      Please find attached the updated proposal BI-040. For changes since last revision, please see the document history.

      I hope that we can get to this while the Denver IT-WG meetings.

      Best Regards,

      Bernhard

      Bernhard Isler

      Siemens Switzerland Ltd

      Building Technologies Division

      Control Products & Systems
      IC BT CPS R&D AS
      Gubelstrasse 22
      6300 Zug, Switzerland
      Tel.: +41 41 724 3387
      Mobile: +41 79 561 7723
      mailto:bernhard.isler@...

    • Isler, Bernhard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2014
      • 1 Attachment
      • 888 KB

      Hi all,

      Please find attached the updated proposal BI-040. Substantial changes since rev 6 are visible as Word change markups.

      The summary of changes:

      -       Many language and consistency improvements.

      -       Removed term "classic" entirely.

      -       BIN Channel Group renamed to BIN Control Group (as in Channel object)

      -       Brought back the ".asn" resource for posting ITB Messages

      -       Certificate workflows no longer an open issue. Defined by BACnet/WS

      -       Open issues related to CoAP are out of scope of this proposal.

      -       Use of IP Multicast is not possible with HTTP Transport binding so is out of scope of this proposal.

      -       Clarifications on use of the ITB.confirm primitive for ITB Errors

      -       Fixed some and elaborated more details on directory service and use of DNS-SD.

      -       BACnet UID representation in BACnet/WS resource tree added

      -       Added lots of material on ITB Proxy, from concepts in BI-041 (ZZ.7)

      -       Included ASN.1 for data type extensions to optionally contain the UET

      The IT-WG is supposed to discuss the document in New York. Whenever possible, please have a look at it prior to the meeting.

      See you in New York.

      Best Regards,

      Bernhard

      P.S. The IT-WG will meet on Saturday January 18, 1:30pm to 5pm, in the Trianon Ballroom at the Hilton Midtown, 3rd Floor.