Re: [bacnet-oswg] Re: [bacnet-x-wg] An approach for XD features in "classic" devices

  • Joel Bender
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 15, 2013
      Dave,

      > (sorry if everyone gets four copies of these messages... we don't really have a good "everybody" group and this kind of discussion really is for a wide range of folks)

      I've been switched to an Exchange server in the cloud which magically determines that they are duplicates. So I only get one copy of the message but it comes from one of the randomly selected Yahoo groups so message filtering and threading is broken.

      I expected this discussion to live in the IT-WG or the AP-WG. Has there been enough cross-polination/pollution that if someone wants to continue they can join one of those? I would be happy to set up another list to coagulate everything, but an existing group or list might suffice.

      Joel
    • Dave Robin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
        BACneteers,

        Here is rev 2.  Carl's comments helped greatly to guide this into a clear distinction of "object", "interfaces", and "profiles" and to help recollect some of the good ideas that were tossed about in Atlanta that I failed to capture in rev 1.

        I think I have captured all the capabilities that were discussed below, including scenarios for devices that don't support Files objects and for devices that don't even support the proposed new Device properties (i.e. what we're shipping today).

        Enjoy.
        Dave