- Oct 30, 2013View Source
Attached is the update of BI-040. From the revision history:
- Minor tweaks and amendments in the Proposed Solution section.
- Avoid the term "classic" in changes to the standard. Use BIN as qualifier for current BACnet.
- Cleanup of glossary and consistent use of terms.
- Added new Clause 4 content for the ITB protocol architecture.
- Adaptations to the terminology used in Clauses 4 and 5 regarding the protocol architecture and the application layer.
- Combined resolution and discovery to become the directory.
- Removed the virtual Group Coordinator concept.
- Allow multiple protocols for disseminating requests to a group.
- Revised the DNS-SD based discovery. DNS service names are freely assignable, not a BACnet UID.
- Incorporation of ITB Proxy specification from BI-041 still pending.
For better viewing, you may select “Final” in the “Review” tab.
For the coming meeting I would appreciate any comments. Feel free to provide comments anytime either to me or the Yahoo group. The meeting will offer face-to-face discussion of comments.
Siemens Switzerland Ltd
Building Technologies Division
Control Products & Systems
IC BT CPS R&D AS
6300 Zug, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 41 724 3387
Mobile: +41 79 561 7723