Foreign Devices behind NAT

  • Roland Laird
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006
      Foreign Devices behind NAT

        Dear IP-WG:

        At our meeting in Germantown it was briefly mentioned that you could not have two FD's behind a NAT router - for example in a hotel. I don't understand this limitation and am not seeing any problems in my implementation. I can see the problem if each FD used the same source port in its registration, because then there would not be unique entries in the FDT. But as long as the FD's are using unique source ports and register often enough to keep the temporary mapping in the IP Router open I don’t see any problem. Can someone please enlighten me on this?

        Thanks Roland