RE: [bacnet-ip-wg] Add 135-2012ai vote

  • Clifford H Copass
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2013

      [ X ] I vote for moving Addendum 135-2012AI PPR4 Draft 11 to the SSPC for Publication Public Review

      Although there is one part I am troubled by.

      On page 10, 12.X.12 Command

      For RESTART_PORT, the specific description says:  "If the device cannot perform the restart of the port without a reinitialization of the entire device, writing  this value shall result in the return of a Result(-) with an 'Error Class' of PROPERTY and an 'Error Code' of OPTIONAL_FUNCTIONALITY_NOT_SUPPORTED."

      but

      a bit later it says: "If a device allows this property to be written, it must support at least the RESTART_PORT  Command value."

      The first part makes it sound like RESTART_PORT is optional, while the second part makes it sound mandatory.

      Cliff Copass

      Johnson Controls, Inc.