RE: [bacnet-ip-wg] Add. AI PPR3 Draft 25

  • Hartman, John
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012

      I am not happy with “bypass the pending changes functionality”.

      There is a property in the NPO called Changes_Pending, which gets set when some other properties are written.  So there might be some argument in favor of saying

      bypass the Changes_Pending functionality

      But within Addendum AI, there are FORTY-FOUR usages of “activate”, “ACTIVATE” or “activation” to describe the mechanism.   There are 7 usages of “pending changes”, but all but 3 are in the sense of “discards pending changes” or “has pending changes”.  Two of the three are the new text that I am whining about.

      So I would vote for something more like

      If this property is writable, the valid range for the value of this property shall be 0 to 127. Writing to this property shall cause the new value to take effect immediately, bypassing the activation functionality of the Network Port Object. See 12.X.11 and 12.X.12.

      “Activate” and “ACTIVATE” appear in both 12.X.11 and 12.X.12, so anyone who reads the text can easily find what is meant.

      In any case, “cause the new value to take effect immediately” clarifies what “bypass” means.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012

        Works for me.

        Carl

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012