Add AI PPR2 Draft 6 has been uploaded

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2012

      IP-WG,

      Addendum AI PPR2 Draft 6 has been uploaded to the Yahoo! site.

      This revision contains the following changes:

      1) MAC_Address language about byte order used in  BBMD_Global_IP_Address and BACnet_IP_Multicast_Address, both of which are now OCTET STRING

      2) Removed BACnet_IP_DHCP_Renew, moved functionality to the new Command property

      3) Removed BACnet_IP_UDP_Port, as it's redundant with MAC_Address as it pertains to BACnet/IP addressing.

      4) Removed Activate_Configuration property, replaced with Command property.  (I just realized I have note removed the Activate_Configuration language throughout the clauses -- this will go into Draft 7)  Note that I think this can be accompished with a search and replace of "Activate_Configuration" with "Command".

      5) Reordered the footnotes.

      6) Reorder clauses to match the table.

      7) Changed style of the Routing_Table property description.

      8) Changed style of the Data_Link_Type property description.

      9) Scrutinized use of the "read only" description

      10) Removed "x" footnote from the slave proxy properties in the device object.

      11) New/old "value shall be retained over a device reset" language used throughout.

      12) Added language about a router needing to be capable of routing the largest APDU size of the all the ports it supports.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2012

        Addendum AI PPR2 Draft 7 has been uploaded.  This version addresses point #4 below, replacing "Activate_Configuration" with "Command" in the property descriptions.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2012
          Hi,

          Further small issues:

          In Clause 12.X.5 Status_Flags, the space between '{' and "IN_ALARM" shall be removed.

          In Clause 12.X.5 Status_Flags, a space between "FALSE" and "(0)" shall be added two times in IN_ALARM and OVERRIDEN.

          In Clause 12.X.40, the name of the fields shall be retyped to inlude underscore, e.g. "Network_Number" for consistency.

          In Clause 12.X.40, the description of the "Network_Number" is quite strange. It could be "The network number that will be reached using this router table entry.".

          In Clause 21, the BACnetActivateConfiguration type shall be removed (see #4 below).

          In Clause 21, in the BACnetFDTEntry type, the "timeToLive" field shall be renamed "time-to-live" for consistency.

          In Clause 21, in the BACnetNetworkPortCommand type, the '_' in the fields shall be replaced by '-' for consistency.

          In Clause 21, in the BACnetRouterEntry type, I suggest to rename the "mac-address" field in "next-router-mac-address" and the Clause 12.X.40 shall be adjusted as well.

          Regards,
          Philippe GOETZ (Commenter 0005 on PPR1)

          Siemens AG
          Infrastructure & Cities Sector
          Building Technologies Division
          Fire Safety and Security
          IC BT FSS SYS R&D KHE
          Siemensallee 84
          76187 Karlsruhe, Deutschland

          Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme;
          Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Brigitte Ederer, Klaus
          Helmrich, Joe Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter
          Y. Solmssen, Michael Süß; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München,
          Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB
          6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2012

            Philippe,

            Thank you for the feedback.

            I've addressed all of these points in Draft 8, which I will upload shortly along with rev 3 of the comments and responses.

            The new language for the Network_Number field of the Routing_Table property now reads "The network number reachable through this router entry".  This language is consistent with Clause 6.6.1, (c).