Review of RL-003-15 (addendum 135-2008aj)

  • Isler, Bernhard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2011
    Hi,

    We have reviewed RL-013-5, and found a couple of substantial issues as
    well as editorials. See attachment.

    We want to leave it to the IP-WG (and SSPC) to decide if these should be
    addressed before public review, or others should have a chance to review
    the original RL-003-15 as well. Both approaches are OK for us. For the
    second, we will consider bringing up the issues as public review
    comments.

    It is not our intent to hold off IPv6 for BACnet with this, but we think
    the solution should be well interoperable, stable and efficient.

    Best Regards,
    Bernhard

    Bernhard Isler
    Siemens Switzerland Ltd
    Building Technologies Division
    International Headquarters
    Fire Safety & Security Products

    Gubelstrasse 22
    CH-6301 Zug, Switzerland

    Tel: +41 (41) 724 33 87
    Mob: +41 (79) 561 77 23
    Fax: +41 (41) 723 48 94

    mailto:bernhard.isler@...
    http://www.siemens.com/buildingtechnologies

    Note: This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you have
    received this e-mail without being the proper recipient, you are hereby
    notified that any review, copying or distribution is strictly
    prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
    transmittal. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
    author of this e-mail and do not necessarily represent those of Siemens
    Switzerland Ltd, unless otherwise specifically stated.
    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2011

      Bernhard,

      Thank you for excellent feedback.  This is exactly the kind of thing we were looking forward by putting the document out to a broader audience.

      We'll discuss the feedback and how to proceed at the IP-WG meeting.

      Best Regards,

      Coleman

      Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2011
        Addenda 2008ad, 2008af, and 2008aj have already passed ASHREA and have been submitted to ANSI for approval to start public review on Feb 4, 2011, ending on March 21, 2011.

        Addendum 2008ai (Network Port) was pulled back from ASHRAE after submittal, based on some post-vote internal reviews, and will not go out for public review until we resubmit it (hopefully after Las Vegas).

        I don't want the committee to get in the habit of reviewing things after we've voted them out and submitted them to ASHRAE.  It's really too late at that point, and any errors, however fatal, should be PR comments. We don't want ASHRAE to start thinking that we're sending them half-baked things.

        Dave