BACnet/IP Proposals

  • rolandlus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2009
      Hi,

      The IP-WG will be meeting at the ASHRAE summer meeting in Louisville. We will be looking at B/IP error conditions and NAT tests. If you are interested in writting proposals for either of these two subjects please reply to the group.

      Some negitive conditions that have been identified:

      1. Process Distribute-Broadcast-To-Network from a device, which is not registered as FD. What to do?
      -- proceed as usual
      -- send NAK
      -- drop
      Probably, sending NAK is the best.

      2. Process Forwarded-NPDU from a device which is not listed in BBMD's BDT. What to do?
      -- proceed as usual
      -- drop
      Probably drop is the safest choice, otherwise two misconfigured BBMDs
      can flood the network.

      3. Process Forwarded-NPDU from a peer BBMD, but received as directed broadcast, while local network is configured as two-hop only, or received as unicast, when local network is configured for One-Hop forwarding. What to do?
      -- proceed as usual
      -- drop
      Again, it is better to drop such packets.

      Thanks,
      Roland Laird

      PS. We will also be looking at an updated IPv6 proposal with diagrams.