      From: bacnet-ip-wg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:bacnet-ip-wg@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 1:17 PM
      To: bacnet-ip-wg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [bacnet-ip-wg] Network Ports

      Protocol vs data link - Protocol was chosen because it will be used for any layer in the protocol stack except for the top layer (when BACnet) and the bottom layer. Data link doesn't work well as it implies a specific layer in the protocol stack.

      IPv4 works.

      I would like a telco if only to ensure general consensus of those that care. But we can have it after the PPR closes.

      Carl