429RE: [bacnet-ip-wg] Network Ports [1 Attachment]

    Jul 18 8:11 AM

      Carl,

      Sorry for the delay in getting to this.

      Overall, I like the direction and your proposed changes. I especially like that it won’t prevent the NPO from going out as is.

      I’m in favor of the hierarchical concept and it seems to address the concerns you voiced in Seattle. One minor comment, though: instead of PROTOCOL for the Port_Type, does DATA_LINK make sense?

      The only comment I have about dropping the BACnet_ prefix is that “IP_” should now be “IPv4_”. Unless you were being sarcastic, I don’t think that proposed change, in light of your other proposed changes, is controversial at all. The history is that BACnet_IP_* was named as such because Annex J uses BACnet/IP throughout. But, since we’re moving towards allowing more agnostic elements, then I’m all for getting rid of “BACnet_” in the property names for both IPv4 and IPv6.

      Since you suggested we let Draft 5 go as is, I don’t feel we have a pressing need to resume teleconferences at this point. Thoughts?

      Coleman