428Network Ports

    Jul 10, 2014

    In Seattle I promised to get a proposal for your review on how we could allow the NPO to handle complex network setups.

    Here is that proposal building Dave Robin’s idea of having hierarchical NPOs.

    After fleshing this out, I am relatively confident that we can let the NPO go forward as is, and achieve our goals via changes in a future addendum.

    I look forward to hearing everyone’s opinions on the proposed direction.

    One controversial change that I do suggest is renaming all of the IP settings which are not BACnet specific by removing the “BACnet_” prefix.

    Carl Neilson

    Chair, SSPC 135 (aka The BACnet Committee)

    cneilson@...

    direct:   +1.604.575.5913

  • Show all 4 messages in this topic