427RE: [bacnet-ip-wg] RE: Unresolved Commenter

  • duffyocraven
    May 20, 2014
      I would encourage dropping the third part. The way that a write to a Network Port object could result in no pending changes in any Network Port object, and be from a device other than that which wrote the existing pending changes, is if it is trying to write the same value as it already has. And I don't think it is worth requiring that the implementation check "if it is trying to write the same value" solely in order to figure out if it is not entitled to send the Result(-). If the write is to a Network Port object and from a device other than that which wrote the existing pending changes, then the implementation should be entitled to send the Result(-), irrespective of the value.
             - Duffy O'Craven
      For 7910 the new proposed language is:

      It is a local matter whether, or not, a device refuses requests to write to a Network Port object if:
      any Network Port object has pending changes,
      the write request is from a device other than that which wrote the existing pending changes, and
      the write would result in pending changes in any Network Port object.
      When refusing such a request, the device shall return of a Result(-) with an ‘Error Class’ of DEVICE and an ‘Error Code’ of CONFIGURATION_IN_PROGRESS.